Adsense is among the primary profit generators for blogs and sites. Usually, you can drastically improve your click-through rate and total net by placing the advertisements wisely, by improving the material targeting, or by optimizing the ad units directly. Below I will cover the last point, how to optimize the Adsense units with 8 simple tips:
- The three top-performing ad units are 336×280 large rectangle, 300×250 inline rectangle, and 160×600 wide skyscraper. Think about using those units if possible, but bear in mind that other formats would be more appropriate for your site design.
- The more successful link color is blue. This info is connected with the roots of the Internet where all major sites used to feature blue links.
- Aside from blue links you can also use a link color that matches the pattern of your site (i.e. if you use green links make the Adsense links of the same color).
- As a general rule of thumb, blend (no border, same background) your Adsense units if your site has a light color scheme and contrast (border, contrasting background) the units if you’re using a dark color scheme.
- If the advertisements are based within the content you should avoid using borders while advertisement units outside of the content can use borders to call attention.
- If your site has mainly repeat visitors (like Forums) you can rotate the background color of the units to cut back advertisement blindness
- Consider removing the “Advertise on this site”• message from your units. That can be done on the control panel under the “My Account” section, disabling the “Onsite Advertiser Sign-Up”• feature
- Test, test and test. Every website is unique so make sure you test with different colors and formats and track the results to fine-tune your Adsense.